Last weekend, I got an email from someone expressing appreciation for my guidance on how to fix coffee brewers. He used the steps he learned about fixing Keurig machines to fix his Keurig K compact which was not pumping water.
When his Keurig K compact developed a fault of not pumping water, he almost thought that it was damaged and was lost in deep thought on how to fix it. With the ideas he had already, he decided to descale the Keurig K compact first to know if the problem would stop. That was how his Keurig K compact started functioning again.
Some other issues can result in your Keurig K compact not pumping water. Some of the things I will be listing might be the issues your Keurig K Compact is facing right now. I will show you how to fix them in this article. Kindly follow me duly.
Why Is My Keurig K Compact Not Pumping Water?
Your Keurig K compact is not pumping water because of a Clogging, air in the water line, a damaged pump, and constant light in the water reservoir. These are some of the problems of the Keurig K compact not working. Let’s talk more about them.
1. A Clogging in the Keurig K Compact
The clogging in the Keurig K compact happens when there are so many coffee grounds in the machine, mineral build-up, and so much dirt in the machine. It will make the pump not dispense water for you and it will not work.
- You have to remove your water reservoir and empty it.
- Don’t forget to unplug the machine first before you do anything on it.
- Clean the reservoir with a descaling solution that is with water of the same size.
- Wash all the removable parts.
- Rinse all the removable parts and dry them in an open-air space.
2. There Is Air In The Water Line
Whenever there is air in the water line, the Keurig K compact will not pump water. This happens often when the machine is not descaled and serviced. This normally affects the pumping of water.
- Unplug your wire cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove all the detachable parts and wash them with warm and soapy water.
- Place them in a way that can dry off and let air touch them.
- Lift your Keurig K compact and turn it upside down. In the water line, there will be a drop of water from the water line and it will be free from air bubbles.
- Now you can fix all the parts back to the machine.
3. Constant light In The Water Reservoir
When the light from the water reservoir is on and refuses to go off, the Keurig K compact will not pump water. This often happens when the water reservoir needs cleaning.
- Wash your water reservoir.
- Use warm water to clean the removable part that you took off before you start the cleaning.
- Clean the place the water reservoir sets.
- Rinse it and dry it with a paper towel.
- When the water reservoir is dried up, fix them all back.
4. The Pump Is Damaged
When the pump of your coffee machine is damaged, you will never be able to get any water from it until it is fixed or replaced. This is one of the main reasons for your Keurig K compact not pumping water. So the easy way is to fix it or change it.
- If you can fix the broken pump then do it early to avoid further damage to the coffee machine.
- Change the motor of the pump that is in your coffee machine.
- Change the pump or you repair it.
- Contact a professional to help you fix it.
How To Prevent My Keurig K Compact Not Pumping Water
There are a few things you can do to make sure that your Keurig K compact is pumping water. Which are:
- Always descale your machine.
- Do a rinsing on it after every use.
- Once you notice that the pump is damaged, you either fix it or change it.
- Contact a professional to help you fix it in case you can’t do it yourself.
If your Keurig K Compact is Not Brewing then you may watch it.
Why Is My Keurig K Compact Not Pumping Water?
The reason why your Keurig K compact is not pumping water is that there is a lot of clogging in the pump stream and water line and also your K compact needs cleaning to be done on it.
How Long Does My Keurig K Compact Pump Last?
The lifespan of a Keurig K compact pump is about 2-3 years. Whenever there is clogging in the pump, it will result in the Keurig K compact not pumping water. So the best thing to do is to fix it up so that you can keep enjoying that smooth and favorite coffee of yours.
If you are finding it difficult to work on it or you don’t have the time to do it, then you can profoundly help yourself out with it or you can contact the Keurig K compact customer service for help. They will be in the best line to help you fix it.
Technically, fixing your Keurig K compact that is not pumping water is not hard if only you can follow the instructions that are listed in the article above. Most times you find it difficult to work on it and that is why it is advisable for you to always contact a professional to help you fix it. Or you can call the Keurig K compact customer service for further assistance.
You Can Also Read!