My sister’s Keurig 2.0 machine suddenly stopped pumping water and she thought it was bad. She went and bought a new coffee machine without consulting me. To her greatest surprise, the problem with the former one started with the new one again. She was frustrated and reached out to me.
When I got to her place, I just decided to do a cleaning on the Keurig 2.0. When I was done, the pump started gushing water within a few minutes. I discovered that clogging in the pump tube was the core reason the Keurig 2.0 not pumping water.
If you are currently going through this, I will give you a guide on how to work it out all by yourself in this article.
Why Is My Keurig 2.0 Not Pumping Water?
Your Keurig 2.0 is not pumping water because of lime scale, air in the waterline, damaged pump, Clogging in the entry and exit of needles, Water Error, and Misaligned Keurig 2.0. These are the things that can make your Keurig 2.0 not give you water. I will show you how this can affect your machine and how to work on it.
The problem of your machine not pumping water is caused by the type of water you make use of. If you use tape water or well water, this water comes with a lot of calcium and magnesium and they can clog your coffee machine: they are not like filtered water or bottled water.
They can cause a mineral build-up in the water line, and the build-up can lead to limescale that will lead to clogging and it will not give you water. How to fix these:
- Descale your coffee machine first.
- Always filter your water before you can use it.
- If you are making use of hard water, please don’t wait till 3 or 6 months before you can clean it. Clean it every month.
Air In The Pipeline
This was was was was air in the pipeline can sound unreal but it is true. If you’ve been getting coffee with it, it is because the sir is not much.
- Unplug your machine from the wall socket.
- Remove the water reservoir carefully.
- Hold your coffee machine tight and turn it upside down for any water or air in the pipeline to go out.
- Once you are done with this, you can now fix everything back and your machine will be back to normal.
The Water Error
When this happens. The challenges are that the water you are making use of is bad for the machine or the water reservoir is bad and it’s sending out the wrong signal.
- When this happens, make use of filtered water always.
- Use the appropriate size of water that is needed for it.
- Change your water reservoir.
A Damaged Pump
The pump pipe can get damaged because it has lasted a long time. It wears out over time as long as the machine has been made use of. Anytime you observe that you can’t get water from your pump then know that it is bad.
- Remove the damaged pump and replace it.
- If the pump can be repaired, then you can take it to someone that can help you with it.
Clogging In The Entry And Exit Of Needles
The needle is made out of piercing the foil part of the coffee pod that allows hot water to flow through it to the k cup for the production of your coffee. When these needles are not functioning again, it signifies that the needles are all clogged.
- Remove all the needs and clean all of them up with warm soapy water.
- Clean the needle holder too with the same warm soapy water.
- When you are done, you can now Prince with fresh water directly from the tape.
- Clean it up with a paper towel
- Leave it to dry up and allow fresh air to touch it.
Check out this video on How to Clean the Needles.
Misalignment Of Your Keurig 2.0 Coffee Machine
When the Keurig 2.0 Vue pump is not working, it indicates that it is not in the right position and it needs to be placed well. This normally happens when you detach all the removable parts and you forget to place them well.
- Detach the machine again and arrange it well again.
- Fix all parts in the proper way they should be.
- If you can’t do this, contact a professional to help you out with it.
What Materials Do I Need To Fix My Keurig 2.0 Not Pumping Water
The materials that are needed to fix your Keurig 2.0 that is not pumping water are a screwdriver, water, Paper clip, paper towel, and descaling solution. These are the things you need to fix back your Keurig 2.0 that is not pumping water.
What are all these used for:
Is used for the mixture of your descaling solution and also for the cleaning and printing of your machine.
This is used to open up any part that has screws on it. It can also be used to remove clogging that is visible and hard to remove. You can still use it to close up the screws when you are done.
This is used for removing any clogging, debris, and buildups that are inside the machine. It is used to make sure that any particles that are hard to go out with the descaling solution will be removed with the paper clip.
The descaling solution can be white vinegar or the Keurig solution. Any of this can work out. All you need to do is for you to mix it up with water and the right size for the mixture is 16 ounces for both water and vinegar.
It is used for the cleaning of any part that has been washed. Any other material can be used to dry up the machine but the advisable one is a paper towel.
You can watch this video for more ideas
How Long Does Keurig 2.0 Pump Last?
It can only last for 5 years. The possibility of it changing is how carefully you make use of it.
Why Does My Keurig 2.0 Pump Make Noise?
It is okay if your pump makes noise when you are drawing water or coffee. That is how it is designed to function. Whenever the noise gets louder than expected, just know that the pump is clogged and needs cleaning for it to get back to normal again or you can replace it.
Can I Change My Bad Keurig 2.0 Pump?
Yes! Once you notice that the pump is bad and doesn’t serve you well, please replace it.
The Keurig 2.0 is a nice coffee machine that you can use to make a lovely drink for yourself. In the article above, I have listed down how you can fix your pump issues and how you can avoid the problem from repeating itself.
If you can’t get to fix this yourself or there are further problems, contact Keurig customer service for further assistance.
You Can Also Read!