I tried getting a cup of coffee a few days ago from my Keurig 2.0 coffee machine and during the brew, I discovered that there was a drip of water all over the floor. At first, I was not comfortable with the whole thing, but then I decided to take a few minutes out to check out what was wrong with my Keurig 2.0.
Then, I found out that there was a crack in my water reservoir. The gasket is loose. I knew this was what led to my Keurig 2.0 leaking from the bottom when brewing.
Because I knew what to do, it did not take up to a few minutes for me to fix it and then my Keurig 2.0 was back to normal. If you are going through what I just went through, I will tell you several reasons why this might be happening to your Keurig coffee machine and also how to solve it. Please read till the end.
Why Is My Keurig 2.0 Leaking From Bottom When Brewing?
The water reservoir seal, the O-ring, a cracked water tank, clogging, a loose upper gasket, defective capsules, and internal pipework are the things that can cause your Keurig 2.0 to leak from the bottom when brewing. These are the things that can make you feel so uncomfortable with your Keurig 2.0 coffee machine. Let’s talk more about this.
Keurig 2.0 Water Reservoir Seal
When the water reservoir seals get weak and can’t fit in with the valve, it will lead to the water reservoir perishing and lead to your Keurig 2.0 leaking from the bottom when brewing. This often happens and it is not bad because you make use of it all the time.
- You have to first of all restore the water reservoir seals of the Keurig 2.0.
- There are some products you can use to solve it such as DANCO Silicone Grease. This can help you fix the problem you are facing.
- You should lubricate the water reservoir seals.
- You have to remove and reinsert the water tank for it to stop.
- Spread grease around the water tank.
- When you are done, empty the water tank and keep it in a place it will dry so that you can have access to check if there are still leaks in it.
- Grease the silicone seal too.
Keurig 2.0 O-ring
When you have a bad o-ring it can lead to your Keurig leaking from the bottom when brewing. This is one of the things you need to know, When you are facing such a problem it does not mean that your Keurig 2.0 is bad.
- You can change your O-ring for your Keurig 2.0 with the right.
- Make sure you replace it with the right one, you can contact the Keurig 2.0 customer service assistant with the right one.
- Make sure you replace it with the right model of your Keurig 2.0 coffee machine.
- You can apply a lubricate on it to check if it will help you bring the O-ring back to normal again.
Keurig 2.0 Water Tank Is Cracked
When your water reservoir falls on the floor it might leave it with hairline cracks that will lead to your Keurig 2.0 leaking from the bottom when brewing. When there is a crack or a pinhole in your Keurig 2.0 coffee machine it will lead to a leak and you will not be comfortable with it.
- You should replace your water reservoir
- If it is repairable, you should make sure that you make use of a dab of hot glue to help you repair them.
- You can also solder your Keurig 2.0 water reservoir.
- You can call Keurig 2.0 customer service to assist you in the right water reservoir to buy.
Keurig 2.0 Is Clogging
Clogging is one of the problems that can make your Keurig 2.0 leak when brewing. Most times is not the crack of anything that can lead to your Keurig leaking from the bottom when brewing.
- You have to clean the K-cup holder.
- Descale your Keurig 2.0 once every 3-6 months.
- Wash the needles
- Clean the valve at the bottom of the Keurig 2.0.
- When cleaning it, unplug your Keurig 2.0 first.
- Remove the lid and water tank, and take it out from the lid.
- When you are done with all this, assemble them again.
Keurig 2.0 Loose Gasket
When you have a loose gasket or a broken one, it will lead to your Keurig 2.0 leaking from the bottom when brewing. To solve this do the following.
- Align the gasket of Keurig 2.0 properly.
- Remove the water reservoir and its cap from the brewer by pulling the up and out.
- Use a screwdriver to unscrew all the screws.
- You can contact Keurig 2.0 customer service to help you out.
Keurig Detective Capsules
When a party is making use of your coffee machine, they might press the wrong thing which will lead to a defective capsule.
- Check your K cup capsule if it is the same as you’ve set it.
- You can change to another coffee pod.
Keurig 2.0 Heating Element Is Damaged
When your Keurig 2.0 heating element is damaged, it can lead to your Keurig 2.0 leaking from the bottom when brewing. These are some of the issues you will face with your Keurig 2.0 coffee machine.
- Open up the Keurig coffee machine to see if your heating element is bad.
- You can change the heating element.
- Take your coffee machine to a professional for a fix.
- You can contact Keurig 2.0 customer service to help you out with it.
If your problem is still not solved, I recommend watching this video.
How Long Do My Keurig 2.0 Last?
The lifespan of a Keurig 2.0 machine is 3-5 years. The life span of your Keurig 2.0 can be extended to a longer year depending on the user. How you take care of it and maintain it matters a lot.
When Is It Right To Clean My Keurig 2.0?
Every 3-6 months is the right time to clean your Keurig 2.0 coffee machine. But for someone that makes use of it multiple times in a day, they should clean it more often like every month with each use rinsing. For someone that makes use of it just once a month, they should rinse it after each use and then descale it once every 3 months. With this method, the life span of the machine will be extended.
Is My Keurig 2.0 Water Tank Replaceable?
Yes! You can replace it even the water reservoir. Once you notice a leakage and the tank is dropping water, kindly know that it is broken or debris has started to make it leak. Just call Keurig 2.0 customer service to know which water tank will fit your Keurig 2.0 machine and then replace it.
The Keurig 2.0 coffee machine is a very nice one but when Keurig 2.0 starts leaking from the bottom when brewing it can be so distracting and at the same time annoying. The few ways of changing or working on your Keurig 2.0 leakage have been written down in the article and all that is needed of you is for you to read it and practice everything written there. Thanks for reading.
You Can Also Read!