My new neighbor bought a new Keurig coffee machine and after three months she started experiencing the issue of her Keurig descale light not turning off. She had this issue for weeks and never opened up to anyone until the day she came to pay homage to me and my family.
Walking into my house, she saw my Keurig coffee machine and shouted “Wow! you have the same coffee machine as mine”
She explained to me how she enjoyed the Keurig model of coffee maker but she stopped using it when the descale light stopped working. Immediately she said that I knew what the problem was.
So, I sat her down and explained to her what was wrong with her Keurig coffee machine and how she could solve it. She was so happy going home to fix it. So, I will explain in detail everything I told her in this article. Kindly read till the end.
How To Turn Off Descale Light On Keurig
There are many things you can do to turn off your lights on Keurig. These things I am about to list out are proven solutions that have been tried and tested. The list of solutions may be long but I will drop just a few on how you can get yours working.
1. Remove The Keurig Water Reservoir
If you are making use of a Keurig coffee machine that has a removable water reservoir, kindly remove it once you are done with the descaling on your Keurig coffee machine. This is to inform the Keurig machine that the descaling process is done and the light will turn off.
- Off your Keurig machine.
- Unplug the wire cord from the wall socket.
- Remove the Keurig removable water reservoir.
- Plug your wire cord back and then on your machine.
- With this process, the light will turn off.
2. Keurig Needle
When you are done with the removal of the water reservoir and the Keurig descaling light still did not turn off. What you need to do is for you to check out the two needles in your Keurig machine. Check if this Keurig needle has any clogging on it.
- Clean the Keurig needle with a paperclip to remove any clogging on it.
- Rinse and dry the needle with fresh water from the tap and a paper towel.
- Clean the Keurig needle holder with the same solution you used on the needles.
- With this, the Keurig descaling light will go off.
3. Keurig Removable Part
Most times not cleaning the Keurig removable part can lead to the Keurig descaling light not turning off. If you have a Keurig that the parts are removable the best thing to do is for you to bring all of them out. The removable parts are the filter, the k cup holder, the Keurig needle, the drip tray, and the water tank.
- Wash the removable part with mild soap and warm water.
- Clean some of the areas that you can see.
- Rinse and dry the removable part.
4. Descaling Your Keurig Machine
Most times when you don’t descale your Keurig machine well, it will lead to the descaling light not turning off. At this point, the best thing to do is for you to descale your Keurig machine again.
- Mix your descaling solution again.
- Mix it with 16 ounces of water and 16 ounces of an hour’s descaling solution. You can make use of any descaling solution but two are recommended, which are white vinegar and Keurig solution.
- Run the descaling solution in the machine for 15 minutes.
- When you are done, do a water-only brewing cycle to clean up any clogging remaining.
5. Keurig Warranty
If you have your Keurig warranty with you and you know you have tried all the solutions and it still did not work. then you have to follow the instructions I’m about to list out
- Contact Keurig customer service for assistance to help you fix the descaling light.
- Return the Keurig machine to them for replacement once you know you have not run out of your warranty.
What Is The Meaning Of Keurig Descale Light
The purpose of the descaling light is to inform you when the time is up for you to descale your Keurig coffee machine. Most times the Keurig descaling light does not stay up to 3 months before it comes up. The reason for this is that you make use of the Keurig coffee machine more often and this has made a lot of debris fill your Keurig machine.
So, the earlier you descale your Keurig machine the better for you. While to some. It does reach three months before it comes up. That’s to tell you that they don’t use it more often.
Sometimes, when you descale your Keurig coffee machine and the descaling light refuses to turn off, that’s to tell you that you did not descale it well. All you could do at this point is descale your Keurig machine so that the light will turn off.
What is my Keurig descaling light all about?
The Keurig descaling light is a signal that shows you that it is time for you to descale your Keurig coffee machine. So whenever your descaling light turns on just know that it is time for you to descale your coffee machine. But, when it stays on and refuses to go off after descaling it. Have it at the back of your mind that you’ve not been able to descale it well. All you need to do is for you to run another descaling solution on it for the light to go off.
When Is The Right Time To Descale My Keurig Machine?
To descale your Keurig coffee machine for personal users you have to descale it once every 3 to 6 months. For business users, you have to descale it every month.
By now I know you have been able to get the right solution on how you can turn off your Keurig descale light. The steps on how to carry all this out have been listed in the article.
And if you truly read to the end by now you will be able to find out the challenge your Keurig’s descale light is having and how you will be able to fix it.
You Can Also Read!