The Keurig coffee machine is a great device used in the production of your coffee every early morning before running the daily work.
When you start experiencing that the Keurig won’t power on after descaling it can lead to distraction in your daily activity because you will have to purchase a coffee outside or you will not have a coffee that day until your Keurig coffee machine is fixed.
I will show you how you can fix this as soon as possible and how you will start getting your coffee back again in no time. Read till the end.
Why Is It My Keurig Won’t Power On After Descaling?
The switch, the power cords, the fuses, the control board, thermostats, the heating element, and clogging, are some of the reasons why your Keurig won’t power on after descaling. The good news is that you will be shown how all this can affect your machine, and also how you will be able to fix the Keurig machine. The problem and solution will be listed below:
1. The Keurig Switch
The external power on buttons, the switches, and the Keurig knobs are the main reason why the Keurig power on do comes up. But when all this is bad, then your Keurig won’t power on after you have descaled it. Let’s look at the solutions to this.
- If your switch button is bad, kindly change it first to know if the problem will be solved.
- Check the knobs of the Keurig to see if it needs fixing or replacement.
2. The Keurig Power Cord
When the wire of your Keurig is not connected well or that wire cord is cut, then have it in mind that your Keurig won’t power on after descaling. When you are making use of an old Keurig wire cord that has been bent too many times to the point that it is not working again then also know that your Keurig won’t power on. How to fix this.
- Replace every old cord.
- Check if the site is wrongly connected.
- Fix the broken head of the power cord.
- Change the entire Keurig power cord.
3. The Keurig Thermal Fuses
When your thermal fuse is cut off, the supply of power to your Keurig won’t work. There will be a power surge issue in your Keurig coffee machine. This is one of the reasons why your Keurig won’t power on. Let’s fit it now.
- Change the Keurig thermal fuse.
- Don’t fix a broken thermal fuse, it will not work again. Go to the market and get another fuse that can fit in with your Keurig coffee machine.
4. The Keurig Control Board
When the power on of the control board of your Keurig is not working, then have it in mind that the Keurig won’t power on after descaling. The control board is made up of the circuit board, or sometimes you can call it the motherboard, it is the brain of the Keurig coffee machine. It facilitates the communications of all the electronic components and he tells them what they should do. How to work on this.
- The best thing to do is for you to open up the lever head to know if it is the problem.
- When it is the problem you can work on it
- Find out what spoiled the control board and fix it.
- Contact a professional to help you out with it.
5. The Keurig Thermostat
When the thermostat is bad and doesn’t control the heating of your machine again then knave it in mind that it will result in your Keurig not powering on again. The thermostat helps in regulating the internal temperature of the Keurig coffee machine. So, this can be the reason your coffee machine is not on. Let’s look at how to fix it.
- The thermostat is replaceable, so change it.
- If you know that you can fix it, then you are free to change it.
- Contact a professional to help you out.
- You can also reach out to Keurig customer service to know which thermostat will fit your Keurig machine.
6. The Keurig Heating Element
Every Keurig has a heating element that helps to make your water get hot. When the heating element is damaged, have it in mind that your Keurig won’t power on after you’ve descaled it. What do you now do about this heating element:
- Open up the head lever to know if it is working.
- Test it with a multimeter to know if it is still good.
- Fix the heating element if you can.
- Change the heating element if you don’t have all the time to fix it.
- Contact a professional to help you out with it.
When you do not descale your coffee machine very well the Keurig won’t power on even after you’ve descale it. To solve this problem then you have to do this.
- Run another descaling solution in your machine.
- Wash all the removable parts
- Make sure you clean the Keurig needles very well.
- Fix all the detachable parts in their right position.
- Make sure that all the clogging it out very well.
- Running a brewing cycle of hot water to clean the machine again before using it.
How Do I Prevent The Issue Of My Keurig Not Powering On After Descaling?
There are several things to go about this but I will be mentioning a few. Let’s go:
- Constantly check all the parts of your machine to know if they are in good shape.
- Describe your coffee machine very well and see to it that all the clogging is out in your Keurig machine.
- Replace any broken part that you can fix
- Check if your connection is correct before you start thinking that it is bad.
- Keep your Keurig coffee machine in a dry place.
- Contact the help of Keurig customer service for any assistance once you notice that the problem can not be fixed by you.
- Reach out to a professional to help you out.
What Are The Reason Why My Keurig Won’t Power On After Descaling?
There are several reasons but here are a few I can list, the heating element, power cords, thermostat, fuse, and clogging are one of the reasons why your Keurig won’t power on after descaling it. Kindly follow the instructions on how to fix it in the article above.
Now that you are aware of the reasons why your Keurig won’t power on after descaling, I know you can fix the problem yourself. Kindly follow the instructions written here for you to fix it and then contact a professional to help you out with it if you can do it yourself.
For any part that needs replacement, you can contact the help center of Keurig customer service to help you out with the right one that can fit into the machine.
You Can Also Read!