I woke up this morning to prepare my favorite coffee. On checking my mail, I saw lines of complaints about the faults of different coffee brewers. One that stood out was the mail of a fellow who gave so much expression to the depth of his frustration.
He complained that he had just woken up to prepare a coffee. Opened the tray, placed his k cup on it, closed it and the power indicator was in place then the light was coming up slowly. When he moved his finger to press the brew button, he noticed the Keurig brew button was not working again.
He tried a lot of things yet the Keurig brew button was not working. He didn’t know that there was a clog inside the machine and that the water tank was down to the k cup.
It did not take him a long time to get it fixed after I directed him on what to do. So in this article, I will show you how you can get yours fixed in just a few minutes. Just follow me.
Why Is My Keurig K-mini Brew Button Not Working?
The likely problems that are behind your Keurig K-mini brew button not working are low water level, needle clogging, and mineral buildup. These are some of the problems that can affect your coffee machine and this happens when we refuse to take out time to clean your coffee machine. Some of these problems can still result in you changing your Keurig K-mini brewing button. Let’s look at the possible ways to deal with all of this.
Low Water Level
Low water in the water reservoir can make the Keurig K-mini Brew button not work. The normal water that is meant to be in the water reservoir should reach the minimum water line of the water reservoir.
- Make it a constant habit to always check your water level.
- Fill up the water reservoir if it is low.
Better still refill the reservoir again from the start.
The Keurig K-mini Needle Is Clogged
Over time, debris, buildup, dirt, and coffee grounds can clog the needle that punctures your pods and it can make your Keurig K-mini brew button not work. These can lead to a blockage and can result in the machine not making any brew of coffee.
- To remove the clogging in the needle, you have to remove it from the needle holder
- Before you do this, kindly turn off your machine and unplug the cord from the wall outlet.
- Clean the needle with a paper clip or you can make use of another needle to remove any visible clogging that you are seeing.
- Clean up the needle holder with a paper towel that is soaked in soapy water and warm water.
- Rinse the needle and the holder with clean fresh water and dry it up with a paper towel.
- Allow fresh air to touch it before you put it back in its rightful place.
Keurig K-mini has some mineral build-ups
Hard water or unfiltered water can cause some build-up that can make your Keurig K-mini brew button not work. This hard water can happen when you don’t make use of some water filter solution before you brew your coffee each day.
- You have to do a proper descaling in your machine.
- Make Use of any solution for the descaling be it white vinegar or the Keurig solution both can serve.
- Your Keurig K-mini coffee machine came with a manual that can help you descale your machine well, so kindly go through it for proper guidance.
Reset your Keurig K-mini
The problem of your Keurig K-mini Brew button not working can be fixed just by resetting the machine.
- Turn off your machine.
- Unplug the wire cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait for 5 minutes before you can put it on again.
If you’ve done all this and it still has not reset the machine for you, then you need to contact the Keurig K-mini customer service to assist you on how to fix the problem for you. Or you can reach out to a professional to help you with it. If they helped you out with it and the machine still won’t work, then you need to buy a new one.
How Long Can My Keurig K-mini Brew Button Last?
The Keurig K-mini brew button is designed to last for 2-3 years. You should note that this can only last this long depending on how often it is made use of. The button is a very small and sensitive one. If you don’t always clean it, then keep in mind that it will not be that long for you.
How Do I Make My Keurig K-mini Brew Button Last?
There are a few tips you can keep for your Keurig K-mini Brew button to last long for you. They are:
- Make sure to keep the right amount of water that should be in the water reservoir. If the water is too small the brew button will not work, if it is too big it will still not work. So leave it at its normal level.
- Ensure that your wall outlet where the cord of the machine is has a power supply and also on our machine too. Ignorant of this can cause your brew button not to work
- The Keurig K-mini is designed to only brew water and coffee; any other liquid on it can lead to damage.
- Make use of filtered water on your machine, but if the water you have is not hard water, then you can still make use of it.
- Always clean the water reservoir.
This video might help you if your Keurig K mini not working.
How Can I Prevent My K-Mini Brewing Button From Spoiling?
You must make sure to clean any debris that is around it. Always clean it after using it. If it gets stiff, then know that the issue is not from you. Kindly go back to where you bought it from for them to look into it or change the machine for you.
What Is The LifeSpan Of My Keurig K Mini Brewing Button?
The life span is 2-3 years. It can only reach this year if it is used carefully. But when it did not reach this length of year again. Then you have to replace it with a new one.
How Can I Work On My K Mini Brewing Button?
The following steps on how to work on them have been listed above and all you could do is for you to follow the instructions that are listed for you. If you think you don’t have all the time for it, then, you have to contact a professional to help you fix it.
The Keurig K-mini brewing button still has its shortcomings and most times refuses to work when care is not taken or when it is not managed well.
For a frequent coffee maker, the lifespan of the brewing button can be reduced and all you need to do at that point is for you to change it. You have to follow the instructions so know how you can handle your K-mini brew button coffee machine well. Hope this article was helpful.
You Can Also Read!