A lot of people find it difficult to figure out how to exit the descaling mode of Nespresso Vertuo next. If your Nespresso is stuck in the descaling mode, then you don’t need to think that it is now bad.
Most times, there are some buttons you have to press for you to exit that mode. In other cases, the machine can exit automatically. There is a possibility that you made an error along the way.
In this article, we will show you the reasons for the difficulty in exiting the descaling mode, the solution, and how to avoid it.
Make sure you read till the end.
Things To Note About Your Descaling Mode
To exit the descaling mode, these will depend on the kind of Nespresso machine you are making use of. Most models tend to exit automatically once it is due with the rinsing cycle.
But, this can only work if you follow all the correct steps in the descaling instructions for the Vertuo Next or the Original machine.
Reasons Why Your Nespresso Vertuo Next is Stuck In The Descaling Mode.
If your descale alert light in the Nespresso machine won’t turn off, then you have to know that your coffee maker is stuck in the descaling mode. We will list below the common reasons why this happens and what you need to do to fix it.
1. The Water Tank Did Not Empty Well During the Descale Mode or Rinse Cycle Mode
If there is a full over in the water tank or if you interrupt the Descaling process and you do not let the tank finish emptying during the escalating process or rinse cycle period, then your Nespresso Vertuo Next machine won’t reset its descale alert light when it is complete. You must let the tank empty during each of these cycles.
If your water tank emptied during descale mode but did not during the rinse cycle, you’ll have to do the whole process again. But, instead of adding more descaling solutions to your Nespresso machine, you can make use of a reservoir that is full of water only.
This will let you run through all the steps in the descale mode process without wasting any other packet of solution.
Your Nespresso Vertuo Next machine won’t be able to tell the difference between the other one and the last one you did now and when the correction is complete this time, the alert light will turn off and it will leave the exit descaling mode.
2. When the Time Passed Is In-Between Steps in the Descaling Mode Process
When you don’t advance to the next step in the descaling mode process is one of the common reasons why your Nespresso Vertuo Next machines will get stuck in the descaling mode.
After you want to put the machine in descale mode by pressing the button for seven seconds, the Vertuo Next will only give you 45 seconds to turn off the level to lock, you have to turn it back to unlock, then press the button again for 7 seconds for it to unlock.
If you don’t complete the process in this period, the coffee maker will exit the descaling mode and the alert light will then come up again. You have to enter the descaling mode to try it again.
How to Exit Your Nespresso Vertuo Next Descaling Mode
With the following steps, you will get a description of how to exit a Nespresso vertuo next descaling mood.
- If the Nespresso Vertuo Next machine won’t come out of descaling mode, you should try pushing the power button down for seven seconds before letting it go. Now you can restart your machine.
- Yet, the Vertuo Next machine will restart the descaling procedure again. If the procedure does not finish on its own, you may have to do it again every few days.
- You have to restart the Nespresso Vertuo Next machine when you have completed the descaling. At this point, the button will function in the right way.
- Always follow the directions written in
your Nespresso Vertuo Next machine manual when trying to descale it.
- Hold the lever head down for three seconds for you to turn off the descaling function mode on your Nespresso machine when you are through with it.
- Let go of the button when the green light starts to flash every two seconds and you have to wait for the machine to finish its descaling.
- Once the green light is done blinking its light, you have to wait for a few seconds for the machine to become operational, you can now drain the water in it.
- You have to hold the lever head down for an extra seven seconds if the LED is still flashing the light every two seconds. By doing this you should be sure that your Nespresso machine has completed its descaling procedure.
- You have to push the button one more time for the green light to appear, for you to end the Descaling process.
- After the procedure is done, if it is still flashing the light, it’s time for you to quit.
- If you hold down the power button for like three seconds, the green light will stop flashing after roughly seven seconds. Once this is done, you may need to reactivate your Nespresso machine.
- Finally, you have to wash the water reservoir once the descaling mode procedure is done. The descaling chemical may attach to any residue and stain your coffee if there is any in it. To remove this, you have to wash and rinse the machine at least 3-4 times once you are done with the Descaling.
You can also watch this video
Frequently Asked Questions
What Happens if I Don’t Exit Descale Mode in the Right Way?
It will be very difficult for you to process a good coffee for yourself, so the best thing to do is to redo your descaling process again.
Descaling the Nespresso Vertuo Next machine is an important part of regular maintenance. By following the listed steps above, you can exit the descaling mode and get your machine back to normal again and running well too. Don’t forget to descale your machine to keep it in top condition!
You Can Also Read!