Mick woke up to brew a coffee just as he normally does. He pressed the power button, but it was unresponsive. He also discovered that all his Mr. Coffee buttons were not working. He tried everything he knew he could do but none worked out. He was advised by a friend to reach out to me so that I could help him fix the issue.
I told him the solution to that problem and he carried it out. Finally, it worked out for him! So, if you are reading this article, I will explain to you the reasons why your Mr coffee buttons are not working and the ways to fix it.
Why Are My Mr. Coffee Buttons Not Working?
Your Mr coffee buttons are not working because of power supply issues, clogged needles, mineral build-ups, low water level, or the coffee maker needs resetting. Let’s dive into the details!
Power Supply issue
If your Mr. Coffee machine does not power on when you press the power button, it an be due to issues with the power source or internal components. Sometimes, loose or damaged power cords can cause the buttons to become unresponsive. If you find any issues with the power source, address them before proceeding.
- The first and simplest step is to make sure your coffee maker is properly connected to a power source.
- Check if it is plugged into a working outlet and the power cord is securely connected
- If you discover that the power cord is faulty, replace it.
- If you’re using an extension cord, ensure it’s in good condition and capable of carrying the required load.
Mr. Coffee’s Water Level
If you have low water in the water reservoir, it will make your Mr. Coffee buttons not work. The actual water size is in the fine line that is in the water reservoir. Until the water reaches there, the button will not work. Let’s look at how to fix this.
- Let it be your habit of checking if the water level is full.
- Don’t let the water in the water reservoir below.
- Before using your Mr. Coffee machine, fill it with water first to avoid the button not working.
Mr. Coffee Needle Is Clogged
When you keep making use of your Mr. Coffee machine, debris, buildup, dirt, and grounds tend to clog your needle which leads to the puncturing of your pods both from the top and the bottom. This can lead to your Mr coffee buttons not working.
- Turn off your Mr. Coffee machine first and then unplug it from the wall socket first.
- Then, remove the needle first from the needle holder to enable you to remove the clogging that is in it.
- With a paperclip, you can use it to remove any hard clothing that is in the needle.
- The needle holder should be cleaned with a paper towel and then when the clogging refuses to go out you can make use of soapy water to clean other buildup.
- After washing your needle, you can clean it with a paper towel and put it back in the needle holder.
Mr. Coffee Has Some Mineral Build-ups
Unfiltered water or hard water can bring up some minerals that are not good for the machine which will later turn to a build-up that can cause your Mr coffee buttons not to work. You need to make sure that you filter all the water that you are making use of in your Mr coffee machine. Let’s see how to solve these builds ups;
- You have to descale your Mr. Coffee machine properly.
- Vinegar or any other descaling solution is okay to use to debacle your machine.
- A professional can help you in bringing your Mr. Coffee machine back to others.
Mr. Coffee Machine Needs Resetting
Resetting your Mr. Coffee machine can bring back the buttons to start working again.
- Turn off your Mr. Coffee machine.
- Unplug the wire cord from the wall socket.
- Allow it to sit for 5 minutes before you can plug it back in and turn it on again.
- This is how to reset it.
After doing all of this your Mr. Coffee change should come back to its normal state by the button working again without any abnormality in it. If you know you will not be able to do this yourself, kindly contact a professional to help you out with it.
Why Are My Mr. Coffee Buttons Not Working?
The reason why your Mr. Coffee button is not working is because there is a malfunction in the manufacturing process. This can be the cause if it’s still brand new! Sometimes clogging can be the main reason too. Before you approach anyone for them to help you fix the buttons, also check if you can do a cleaning in the button area first.
How Long Can Mr. Coffee Buttons Last?
Mr coffee buttons are designed to serve you for 2-3 years. This can only last long if you always handle it with proper care and also maintain it always. You can’t be mishandling it and still expect it to last long for you. When it gets spoiled, replace it with the right button for the machine.
Can My Mr. Coffee Buttons Be Replaced?
Yes! When your Mr. Coffee buttons are bad and you can’t fix them. The best thing to do is for you to take it to a place for replacement. The recommended people to contact are Mr . Coffee customer service.
I know you’ve gotten the answers you need for why your Mr. Coffee buttons are not working. The instructions that are written here are proven and tested. For it to work for you, you must make sure that you adhere to the instructions without missing any step of it.
Once you know you can’t take care of the machine very well by fixing it yourself, kindly contact a professional for it.
You Can Also Read!