Dave walked into my room one cool evening because we were on holiday. So, he needed to make a cup of coffee for himself only for him to find out that his culinary coffee maker on/off switch was not working.
At first, he thought that it was from the wire cord, so he had to change it. Yet, it still didn’t work out. He walked up to me to explain what the problem was.
I immediately knew what was wrong! it is not working because the fuse was bad.
So I advised him to change the fuse. You might be going through the same problem or another, but I will enlighten you on what can make your Cuisinart switch not work.
Why Is My Cuisinart Coffee Maker On/Off Switch Not Working?
The switch, knob, power cord, control board, thermal fuse, and thermostat can be the reason why the Cuisinart coffee maker on/off switch is not working. I will elaborate on these below.
Cuisinart Coffee Maker Knobs
A damaged knob can cause your Cuisinart Coffee Maker/to switch to work. The knob is connected to the switch in many ways and when it gets damaged, it prevents it from working.
- First, unplug your cord from the wall socket.
- Remove the front of the lid.
- If the knob is not in place, kindly put it back.
- If you notice that the knob is damaged, you can replace it with a new one.
Cuisinart Coffee Maker Power Cords
When your power cord is damaged or cut it will be unable for the on/off switch to work. At these points, there is no need to try to own your coffee maker.
- You need to change the damaged cord.
- You can replace it with a spar cord.
- Contact an expert to help you with it.
Cuisinart Coffee Maker Switches
When the exterior buttons are not in the proper place to engage the switch it will make your Cuisinart switch not work.
- The first thing to do is for you to unplug from the unit it is.
- You need to remove the carafe and turn it upside down.
- Unscrew the screws that are holding the plastic cover.
- Remove the plastic cover after unscrewing it.
- You should turn the switch and squeeze it for it to come up.
- Once it is out, put in the new power switch that you bought.
- That is how you can work on the switch.
Cuisinart Coffee Maker Fuse
When the coffee becomes too hot the thermal fuse will cause the Cuisinart Coffee Maker on/off switch to stop working. When this happens, then you need to change the fuse.
- First, check if the fuse is burnt or if it is not in the right position.
- Make use of a multimeter to check the fuse.
- You can replace the fuse if it continues to stop.
Cuisinart Coffee Maker Control Boards
When there is an issue with the control board component, it will make your Cuisinart Coffee Maker switch work. Failure of this control board can lead to the shutdown of your Cuisinart Coffee Maker
- Repair the control board.
- If it continues after the repair, please replace it.
- An expert can help you with it.
Cuisinart Coffee Maker Thermostats
When the thermostat is faulty, it can be a sure reason why your Cuisinart Coffee Maker on/off switch refuses to turn on. The thermostats are a small white part that helps in holding the mental clips together.
- Make use of a multimeter to check if the thermostat is still effective.
- If the thermostat is bad, repair it.
- When it keeps acting that way, you can replace it.
- Contact a professional to help you fix it.
These are the few things that can make your Cuisinart Coffee Maker switch not work out for you.
If My Cuisinart Coffee Maker Has A Broken Thermostat, Will It Still Work?
A broken thermometer in your Cuisinart coffee maker can never make your on/off switch work. The only solution you have right now is for you to change the thermostat to a new one that can work effectively in your Cuisinart coffee maker.
How Long Does My Cuisinart Coffee Maker Last?
The Warranty longevity is 5 to 6 years. Most times it doesn’t get up to the year and it will break down. The reason for this is that you have refused to maintain your Cuisinart coffee maker. When you ignore cleaning it and also do a deep cleaning on it, there is no way it will reach up to the time. So, for you to even exceed the warranty date, you have to always maintain your coffee machine.
Now you’ve come to understand that not taking care of your Cuisinart coffee maker can lead to it not functioning well again. The problems and solutions for your Cuisinart coffee maker on/off switch not working have been listed in the article above.
Do well to follow the instructions on how you can fix it before you get your Cuisinart coffee maker damaged. You can contact a professional to help you fix it once you know you can spare some bucks for it.
You Can Also Read!