How does it feel when you want to enjoy your morning coffee and suddenly get stuck with a faulty button? I know that frustrating feeling! This is a common challenge most coffee lovers face. And have no idea what to do.
In this article, you will discover exactly why your Nespresso Vertuo next button is not working. And what to do when you encounter such a challenge.
Let’s first consider the reasons why is Nespresso Vertuo next button not working.
Why Is the Nespresso Vertuo Next Button Not Working?
There are several factors to be considered when your Nespresso virtual next button is not working. It is mainly centered around a mechanical issue or one resulting from a mistake made by the user.
Here are possible reasons why your machine isn’t working:
- Issues with the water tank: It could be a leakage problem or that the water tank isn’t full of enough water.
- The machine refuses to connect to Bluetooth or wifi. As a result of a poor network.
- Multiple orange lights blinking: This is caused by a lack of cleaning in your machine or it could mean that your machine needs to be descaled.
- The machine has not yet been turned on. May be caused by the forgetfulness of the user.
- The machine is not adequately plugged into the power source. Carelessness from the user’s end.
- Problem with the pod holder. Caused by the carelessness of the user too.
How To Fix the Nespresso Vertuo Next Button When It’s Not Working.
Consequently, you can’t fix a problem without knowing the cause of the problem. Before taking steps to fix your machine, first, check the machine to know the cause of the problem. In this article, I already listed out the possible causes of why your Nespresso button may not be working.
Here’s a solution guide to follow:
- Problem with the water tank: it is important to fill the water tank with water until it is full. Ensure it is attached firmly to the machine and not loosely attached. Do not overfill the tank with water more than it can hold.
In the case of leakage, the water tank has to be replaced.
- Lock the machine before it is plugged into the socket. This is done by turning the lever, this is a common mistake done by most people. This particular mistake prevents the machine from pouring coffee.
- Problem with the pod holder: Most times when the machine shows a white blinking light indicating that something is missing from the machine, it could be that the pod holder wasn’t placed correctly or it wasn’t placed at all.
What To Do if Your Nespresso Vertuo Next Button Is Not Brewing
- The lever should be unlocked immediately, and the machine head opened.
- If the capsule is bad, it should be changed.
- Plug out the machine from the power source and after 15-20 seconds, plug it back into the power source.
- Close the machine head turn on the machine, and press the turn-on button again to begin brewing.
Is There a Reset Button on Nespresso Vertuo Next?
Yes, there is a reset button on the Nespresso Vertuo next, and here’s how to know if your machine needs to be reset.
- The temperature of the water comes out warm or cold rather than hot.
- The quality of the coffee is poor.
- The machine produces less coffee than required.
- It doesn’t brew coffee in a good way.
How to Reset Nespresso Vertuo Next Button
It seems your machine needs a reset if it displays any of the mentioned symptoms. Here’s a step-by-step guide to doing a reset:
- Remove the power cord of your machine from the power source and wait for 30-40 seconds.
- Press the button at the top of the machine and hold for 5 seconds.
- Still holding the button, plug in the power cord to the power source, and still hold the button for the next 5 seconds.
- Release the button after 5 seconds and wait for the resetting process to finish. This takes up to 2 minutes.
- The machine is ready to use again, once it has reset.
Contact Nespresso customer care service for assistance, if your machine has refused to work after properly following these steps.
Advantages of Resetting Your Nespresso Vertuo Next Machine.
These are the advantages you get from resetting your machine:
- It fixes any problem with your machine.
- The quality of your coffee has improved.
- The lifespan of your machine is extended.
- It improves brewing strength.
Resetting your Nespresso Vertuo next is a good measure to ensure your device lasts for years. It is also a good way to fix any problem your machine might be having.
How Often Should My Machine Be Reset?
Once every 2-3 months to improve the quality and whenever your machine Is having any issues.
How Can I Reset My Nespresso Vertuo Cup Size?
- Press the button and hold for 3 seconds.
- Press the Lungo button to turn it on.
- The machine is resting now and ready to use.
NOTE: The lung button can be used to make a bigger cup of coffee on the Nespresso machine. It is around 110ml.
How Do I Descale My Nespresso Vertuo Next?
- Empty the water tank. Fill the water tank with an equal amount of escaping solution and water.
- Press the button and allow the solution to run till it’s empty. This should be done according to the manual instructions.
- Rinse the water tank and drip tray with clean water, once the solution has stopped running. Once the solution has finished running through, rinse out the water tank and drip tray.
- Pour fresh water into the water tank to remove any remains of the descaling solution.
- Rinse again thoroughly.
After following these steps your machine is ready to use again.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Is My Vertuo Next Machine Flashing an Orange Light?
This happens because your vertuo next needs a thorough cleaning.
Why Is My Vertuo Next Not Connecting to Bluetooth?
It could be that your Nespresso app is not the most recent version or your phone software is not up to date. Ensure they are both up to date, including your Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Location Services are all turned on. Try pairing again with your phone on top of the machine.
What Does the White Light Flashing From My Nespresso Vertuo Next Machine Mean?
The white light means that the machine is getting ready or in the brewing process.
How Do I Reset My Nespresso Descaling Light?
Put off the machine and unplug it from the power source. Press the button on the left side of the machine and hold for 5 seconds. Still holding the button, plug the machine back into the power source, and put it on. Keep holding the button until the descaling light is on. When the descaling light comes on, release the button, and allow the machine to descale.
The Nespresso Vertuo is a great machine due to its features and wide range of coffee drinks. I believe at this point in this article you are now well informed on what to do when your Nespresso vertuo next button isn’t working.
If the challenge persists, contact the customer care unit for support which can be found on the pack or manual guide.
You Can Also Read!