I got a call from an old friend yesterday. As we playfully talked about old memories, I chipped in coffee talks! How I’m enjoying a tastier coffee brewed by my Keurig K-supreme. With that discussion, she opened up to me about how her Keurig K-supreme Plus has been producing coffee with a different taste. Somewhat salty!
She has been unable to change her water filter because she doesn’t know how to install a water filter in her Keurig K-supreme. With the pain in her voice, I knew she was tired of everything. I gave her detailed steps to remove the old filter and how to install a new water filter in her Keurig K-supreme. And she got it right!
I will show you the steps I told her to take in this article, make sure you don’t miss any of the instructions on how to do this.
How to Install Your Water Filter in Keurig K-supreme Plus
There are several ways to install your water filter in the Keurig K-Supreme Plus. But there is something you must know! The Keurig K-Supreme Plus coffee machine does not come with a water filter. So, what you need to do is for you to buy a comparable water filter from any Keurig shop and fix it.
I will show you two things you need to do. First the way of removing a water filter in your Keurig k-supreme plus coffee machine and how to install the new water filter in a Keurig Supreme machine.
How To Remove Your Old Water Filter From Your Keurig Supreme Plus
If you already have a Keurig K-Supreme Plus coffee machine that has a water filter and it is bad, to remove it you have to follow the few processes that I will be sharing below.
- Unplug your wire cord from the wall socket first. The reason for this is for your safety.
- Open up the top of your water reservoir, the water filter is located at the left-hand side of the Keurig K-supreme.
- Remove the top of the water reservoir so that you can have full access to it.
- Pull out the water filter from the water reservoir that you have already removed from the Keurig K-Supreme Plus.
- The bottom of the water reservoir may be difficult for you to pull out because of the plastic grooves. What you need to do is to shake the keurig k supreme at the same time you are bringing the water filter out.
- With that, the filter is out, then discard into the trash.
How To Install The New Water Filter In Your Keurig K Supreme Plus
Installing the new filter is very easy to do and will not take you much time to do so. Let’s see how to do so.
- Unplug your machine from the wall socket first.
- Remove the water reservoir and open it up the water reservoir.
- Soak your water filter in cold water for up to 5-10 minus. The reason for this is to kill any disease that will affect your coffee.
- You can now rinse the filter in fresh water from the sink for up to 60 seconds before you can fix it inside your machine.
- You can make use of your thumb and index finger to fix the water reservoir at the bottom of the filter unit.
- Now your water filter is fixed well and you can now put your water reservoir back to its normal position.
When Is The Right Time To Change My Water Filter?
The Keurig K-Supreme plus water filter should be changed after 60 tank refills or every two months. This is also depending on how often you make use of your Keurig K-Supreme machine. You should always consider a fast replacement if you do multiple coffees a day. Changing your water filter is best for your Keurig coffee machine to avoid you from getting a lot of build-ups in your Keurig K-Supreme Plus machine.
What Will Happen If I Don’t Change The Water Filter in My Keurig K-supreme Plus On Time?
Not changing the water filter in your Keurig k- supreme plus will result in the clogging of the machine such as build-up, mineral buildup, debris, and more. Sometimes, the taste of your coffee will also change. To avoid this, kindly change the water filter as soon as possible. You can also contact a professional to help you fix things.
You can also watch this video for more information.
Can Any Filter Fit My Keurig Supreme?
Not really, you need to find out the one that can fit in well with your Keurig Supreme machine. Make sure it is the one that will fit in well for your machine else it will spoil your coffee machine for you.
Does Keurig Supreme Come With a Double Filter?
No!, the middle of Keurig Supreme does not come with a double filter. It only comes with me that can save you for a very long time if you manage it well by always cleaning and descaling it. The cleaning should be done every week.
How Often Should I Change My Keurig Supreme Filter?
The filter should be changed once every two months. That’s if you make use of it every time but if it is not used always, kindly change it after 60 tanks of refill.
The filter of your Keurig K-Supreme should be changed once every two months or better still it should be done every month depending on how you are making use of your Keurig Supreme coffee machine.
Make sure you follow the guidelines on how to fix it. If you know you can’t do it yourself and to avoid spoiling your machine, kindly ask for the assistance of a professional. Thanks for reading.
You Can Also Read!